I turn down B Hall and am suddenly surrounded by skinny jeans and Justin Bieber haircuts. Boys swishing bangs are everywhere I see, swarmed by barely-teenaged girls who spent twice as long getting ready today as I did. And I get paid to be there!
The bell rings, warning that there are only 60 seconds to get to class before your teacher "sac-s" you, or makes you go get a tardy pass from some of the "most fearsome" non-administrators at the school. Many students scurry to their classrooms, some to algebra, others to world geography. I watch as notes exchange hands and locker doors swing shut.
As the hallway empties, I notice one girl and one boy, seeming to wait for everyone else to leave them alone. Their patience astounds me and then, mere seconds before that dreaded second bell, they embrace, make some sort of romantic-to-us face at each other, and pledge affection that threatens to dim in the next 90 minutes of separation.
I notice that these two not-yet adults bear striking resemblances to the main characters of High School Musical. If you are not familiar with HSM 1,2, and 3 I feel like you must be living some sort of half life. You probably wonder why most people snicker whenever someone says "After all, we're all in this together". Watch the first movie and the lights will go on.
But what's better than watching HSM? Getting to live it, 5 days a week.
Haha! That is hilarious! I'm so glad you like your job.
ReplyDeleteI love it, love it, love it Sarah. Please start a column. I will read you religiously. :)
ReplyDelete