Monday, January 24, 2011

Crazy moments

Don't you narrate your life to yourself? I certainly do. At work I am constantly conversing with my thoughts. One hour until lunchtime or what are these kids thinking? etc. I also remind myself of things to do when I get home, like make the FHE treat, unclog the drain, or look something up. Generally these musings never become sound waves. Or at least I didn't think they did.

This afternoon I walked to the library. It is a pleasant day and my bruised-from-cross-country-skiing tailbone was feeling up to it so I strolled the few blocks to the library and enjoyed perusing the volumes for something exciting to keep me busy. On my way home, I heard strange noises every block or so, coinciding almost exactly with my brain catching a new thought train. Peanut butter cup cookies, I hear as I cross the street. I look around. Just me. I walk on. Next time that will work out, murmurs a familiar whisper. Finally I realize that I am talking to myself! Not in a "I'm talking to myself but really think that someone else is here" kind of way, rather a "hmm I didn't know I just said that out loud but I'm really glad that no one's here to laugh at me" kind of way.

So there it is. My crazy moment of the day.

Here is also a "picture of the post" because I don't put enough pictures on my blog. This is Cascade Falls in the fall. I'm sure it does not look as beautiful right now with dirty snow, but this is just such a beautiful picture.



p.s. These are the books I checked out. The Amateur Historian by Julian Cole, Arrow of God by Chinua Achebe, and The Nightingale by Morgana Gallaway. Check back for reviews or just ask me how I liked them! And Alicia, don't worry I am definitely going to read The Thirteenth Tale before book club next month.

1 comment:

  1. You know me so well you can read my mind.

    I used to make fun of mum because she would talk to herself while we were grocery shopping. Now I find myself doing it too... but I just direct all my comments to the baby in my tummy. It's a great excuse.

    ReplyDelete