Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Creative Title Goes Here...

Dear Homework,

You bug me. I will write on my blog instead.

Love,
Sarah

Anyway, I don't feel like doing my homework tonight. I do feel like writing about my German presentation. It went well! I can barely believe it myself! I understood a large majority of the German philosophy--which I ended up reading in a super-ancient book full of old-school German typeset that would probably have been impossible to read without the preparation of my German family history class last semester where we spent an entire day talking about this particular typeset. But I conquered Schlegel. For real. And during my presentation today, I said intelligent things. That was a first for me in this class. (Seriously--I have adopted a variation of Thumper's advice to Bambi: If you can't say anything intelligent, don't say anything at all.) And people listened. And wrote things down. And my teacher nodded like what I was saying actually made sense and was correct. YAY!

In other happy news, I finally had time to write my "letter of intent" or written statement explaining why I want to add German Studies as my second major (I know--I have procrastinated this for like an entire semester. But I did it today.) and it came out as a well-written statement of intent. I was very impressed with myself and I feel very confident that my reasoning was thorough and logical and that they will absolutely let me double-major. (The bummer is that I will still only get one degree...sad day.) But I will be so smart when I am finished here that people will line up to hire me. ;)

Hey. A girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment