Saturday, March 13, 2010

Goals and Flirting

Long story short (wow I am really saving you some time here) I am reading (not writing yet) a book about dating. I'm not completely sold on the book yet because nothing has worked yet--like in the month I've been reading the book no one has asked me out--but I have seen some of the appeal. This book makes you set goals and this last week I was supposed to set some goals for different aspects of my life. One of my goals--don't laugh at me--was to flirt for 15 minutes. These 15 minutes do not need to be continuous or even with the same person--I just want to get into a mindset of flirting. Which makes me think--what is flirting? Here's what dictionary.com had to say: to court triflingly or act amorously without serious intentions; play at love; coquet. Next questiion--what is a "coquet"? Actually, I realized that "coquet" is a verb and it means: to try to attract the attention and admiration of men for mere self-gratification; flirt; to act without seriousness; trifle; dally. Okay, so flirting/coquetting means to act like you're in love without serious intentions. Well, I'm going to go with that definition but add the caveat that I believe you can flirt and have VERY serious intentions. That said, I must admit--I am a bad flirt. Flirting to me means talking to a boy. (I wish I were joking.) I treat almost everyone like they're my friend and sort of don't differentiate much between guys and girls or people I may be interested in. That said, if I am interested in a guy, he'll probably figure it out since I lose the ability to talk to him in a group setting. But this is getting a little personal and I need to remember that this goes out to the internet universe and I should be careful what I say...Okay so how do you--I--learn to flirt? Have no fear--there is a website for this: flirtzone.com. They offer a flirting workshop!!!! No way! Like a weekend where all you learn how to do is flirt?!?! If I only had $350 to blow. ;) But seriously people, there are over 4 million sites that popped up after my google search of "learn to flirt". And that's with the safesearch on! Imagine! I am apparently not the only person that has trouble with the flirtatiousness. But we're about to start a brand-new week and I am going to get in my 15 minutes! Who knows what will happen after that?!
I think this week I have flirted for like 6 minutes, maybe 10 if texting--including the time between texts--counts.
Well, unfortunately my long story short got very long. What can I say? It's sort of my nature. Stay tuned for my next adventures, flirting or otherwise.

p.s. No decision on the double major stuff yet. I'm just not sure...

1 comment:

  1. S. Sheley!! I believe in you! You can flirt!! I pray for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete