Most of you probably already know about my quandary, but since I flatter myself and think that I have many more readers than I actually do I will explain my current situation. Like you already know, last week I had to write a statement explaining why I wanted to double major, fill out a couple of forms, and give that to the College of Family, Home and Social Sciences for them to review. Remember how I said that my letter of intent was so good that no one would be able to deny it? Well they did. I was shocked and upset. Thanks to a couple of great friends, my mood was quickly boosted. As I started thinking about what to do with the freedom that I would receive from having one less semester of undergraduate education to sludge through I got really excited! Nervous about finding a job since I don't consider myself qualified for anything I think I would like to do, of course, I still felt some excitement starting to well up inside me. I felt okay with the fact that I might be a college grad sooner than intended. Then I remembered that I NEVER intended to be a German double major until just last semester when I found out it was only slightly longer than the major. I mentioned to the German professor I've been working close with for the last semester that they denied my request and she replied back that there were things that could be done to petition and get me into the double major program. But now I'm not sure that I even want to do the German double major anymore. Even though I will most likely be able to afford the last semester, even if I don't get scholarships, that doesn't seem like the most important thing right now.
The question is: what should I do? I am mostly asking this question to myself, since this is, of course, my decision. Luckily for me I don't have a husband or any children to think about and so my decision really only affects me at this point. I wish it did though because then it might be easier to decide.
I think I might just minor, graduate after summer term, find a job and be happy. I have no idea how the double major would help me get ahead, given that BYU will still give me only one degree. (Grr.)
Well, that was long. I think I know what I'm going to do but, as you know, I am indecisive and will think about this much longer than necessary before probably deciding on the option that I felt was good in the first place.
Oh S. Sheley. Whatever you do, it will be a good decision. Life always works out, even if it isn't how you think it should... I have to find a job, and a bit worried also. Just remember, YOU CAN DO IT MAN!!! :)
ReplyDelete