I looked out the window and what did I see? An unexpected winter wonderland. I heard on the radio today that this winter is projected to last forever. I am convinced that the grayness of winter is now the permanent color scheme of Utah Valley and my life. You see, I feel like I am in a "winter" of my life. You may have heard me compare events in my life to sunsets and sunrises. This is different. This is the part of life where everything is covered by this cold that makes it hard to see everything for what it really is. My brain feels like a barren tree, unable to bring forth anything that looks like fruit; really it is just trying to survive the cold and dark.
Don't worry--I'm still doing the things that I'm supposed to do and deep down I'm genuinely happy and I know that everything's going to work out. It's just that day-to-day misery of winter--scraping ice and snow from anything that can freeze, cold walls next to my bed, and short days--that are starting to wear me out.
I'm stuck. I can't decide on a career path. Want to know why? I want to get married and have a family. That's what I consider to be the real spring that I am waiting for. Metaphorically speaking, I am done throwing myself at men who have no desire to catch me. I would love to go on a date with someone I could actually maybe be compatible with. :) But I would even take a different spring right now: a more permanent job. I love my job now, but I'm not going to be an assistant for the rest of my working life. Although I'm good at it, that's just not going to happen. But I have no idea what I really want to DO. Maybe I should take a poll of my 7 followers. What do you think I should become since I'm growing up?
Your choices:
Jr. high/ high school English teacher
Jr. high/ high school math teacher
Baker/Bakery owner
Writer
Florist
(Wow--can anyone tell that I don't want a 9 to 5? haha!)
Let me know what you think.
In short, patience is not yet my virtue. I want spring to come to Utah and to me.
I think you would be great at all those things. Really. And you could do a few of them at a time... eh? You can do it!!
ReplyDeleteYou probably don't know that I'm a follower. More of a lurker, probably. I would say... you should be a math teacher and write on the side. Or you could cater baked goods on the side. Mmm.
ReplyDeleteEasy. I vote a writer. I love love love your writing. :) But these other ideas are good too. What program did you check out in Logan?
ReplyDelete