Sunday, April 4, 2010

Change....

...and no I don't mean the kind you find in the sofa cushions.

After a fantastic weekend of General Conference and thinking about my life, I have found and been made aware of some things that I want to change in my life. The truth is though that I am afraid of change. I pride myself on being able to "bloom where I'm planted" but I sure hate being uprooted, even when I anticipate being transported to better soil.

This will come as no surprise to you, since you know me, that one reason I hate change is because I am afraid of failure. But---fear is one of the things I want to change. I have learned a lot about faith this weekend and will be trying to exercise more faith and less fear in the future. I have a lot to be scared of--or so I thought--but in reality, I have a lot to look forward to. I have a lot of choices to make and changes to live through. But I can do it.

In other news, did you know that sidewalk can become reflective? I wish I had been in a position to have photographed what I believed to be a phenomenon. It had rained and there was a thin layer of water on the sidewalks on campus. As I walked from one building to the other, I was startled to see a reflection in the sidewalk! Being as sidewalks do not normally reflect the trees I was unprepared for such a sight. But it was beautiful and remarkable to me. I have no concept of the properties of natural science that make that work, because sidewalk is not reflective and water isn't really either. Normally water is transparent and you can see right through it. But when you put it against something opaque, it becomes mirror-like. Kind of like how real glass mirrors are made. Interesting. I'm sure there is symbolism that can be found in all of this. I'm still looking...

Those are my discoveries of the week. When some of my changes have been put into action I am sure there will be more to report.

p.s. I really love "The Sound of Music"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment