Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My biggest fear

Remember when I posted this about everyone's deepest fear? That my be the deepest fear of my soul, but the rest of me found a new fear today, October 18, 2011. Cockroaches. The house we moved into has a...problem...with cockroaches, mostly because it sat empty for a few months and no one from the apparently below-average IQed property management came out to do maintenance before the new renters came. I think that's probably illegal, but it's out of my hands now. I wouldn't say that we have an infestation, as I am sitting on the couch and I haven't seen a live cockroach in, let's say, 5 hours. That doesn't stop me from taking my best friends--a can of raid for spraying the horrible creatures and the flat-bottomed Swiffer for crushing if the demon spawn bug doesn't die fast enough chemically--everywhere I go. All I really wanted to do today was take a shower. That meant making sure that there were 0 cockroaches in my bathroom for at least 15 minutes while I bathed. I struggled, mentally, emotionally, and physically with cockroaches from about 10am to 1pm today. Then I waited almost an hour for new cockroaches to appear in the bathroom before deciding it was safe to bathe. (Don't worry, I plugged the drain in case any of the terrifying pests decided that was their pathway to happiness. It wouldn't be happiness, more like certain death---bwahaha--

No comments:

Post a Comment