Monday, October 24, 2011

On my way

You know those little cartoons from the newspaper comics section? The ones that say "Love is..." with something cute and the little almost-awkward cartoon people? (Confused already? Educate yourself here.) 

They make it seem so easy! What I have found to be not so easy is being happy. Why is there no little "happiness is..." cartoon to just help me figure things out the easy way? How to be happy 101. There are probably a million links when you google happiness. Or there are 8,670,000 to be exact. And I didn't even search for how to be happy. Just the word happiness brought up over 8 million articles, websites, book reviews, and, of course, a wikipedia entry. (Aside: Where would we be without wikipedia? Seriously--how would we know ANYTHING?!?!)

 What those things can't do is make the happiness choice for you. Since this is my blog, I can be personal. Those articles and book reviews do not have--no, not even wikipedia has--the ability to make the happiness choice for me.

I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job
 I love Yuma I love Yuma I love Yuma I love Yuma I love Yuma I love Yuma I love Yuma I love Yuma I love Yuma
 I love being single I love being single I love being single I love being single I love being single I love being single I love being single
 I love moving to new houses I love moving to new houses I love moving to new houses I love moving to new houses

 How many times do I have to repeat these phrases before they are true? When will I have to stop pretending? When will I feel like myself again? Idk, but google tells me the magic number on happiness is almost 9 million. I guess I'll start there...

 On Sunday I gave a lesson at church about facing the future with faith and I'm sure I was the one who needed the lesson the most because when I should have faith sometimes I have fear. FEAR. Fear is not happiness. Fear makes you jump up on something if you think you see a cucaracha. It makes you question everyone's motives and intentions.

 And it locks you in your tower.

 Princess movie time: Tangled. "When will my life begin?" Watch the youtube video here. I want to see the colored lanterns (metaphorically). I want...to be really happy. And I think someday I will be. I suppose that we all have to experience a state of "less happy" so that we can know what it is like to be "truly happy". (Opposition reference here.)

 So I guess I am well on my way to being happy. I like that--I don't feel sad, just not as happy as I have been and could be. On my way to being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment