Thursday, June 2, 2011

Orientation

Welcome to Teacher Bootcamp!!

That's not what greeted me on my first day of orientation, but pretty much. (p.s. I am apparently supposed to let everyone know that anything I write is purely my own opinion and should not be taken as policy for the program I will be working with this summer and such. Just so all 8 of you can know that...)

Anyhow, I am averaging 1.5 mental and emotional breakdowns a day. It doesn't count as a breakdown unless actual tears come out. But I think that is to be expected. I think I had just as many breakdowns my first few weeks of college, and I KNOW I had breakdowns in the MTC. So I figure this is all pretty normal.

Speaking of orientations, I went to the Institute last night (we call our summer training program for AZTF "Institute", so I went from one institute to another. It's complicated...) and there was tons of traffic in Tempe. I think there was an accident or something because everything was super backed up--it took me 40 minutes to drive what should have taken 20 minutes. Then I found out that the street I needed was closed. I didn't worry. I just turned around and used my deductive logic and city planning skills and sort of reversed the directions. And I found where I was going!!!!!!!!!!!!! That said, the institute class was great, but there didn't seem to be many people there. Maybe I'll meet some other people on Sunday. But it's nice to know that I am somewhat oriented to Phoenix. And Tempe, which seems to be connected to Phoenix but I'm sure the Tempeians like to think of it as its own place. I understand.

Well, it's probably time for me to do some homework. Busy hands are happy hands right?

No comments:

Post a Comment