Thursday, June 9, 2011

6 days and counting!

Friends,

I have not had a breakdown for almost a week! And I don't anticipate having one. I have been a little bit broken down and humbled--not humiliated--in the last week, but I am actually starting to get the hang of this. And you know what? I like it!

Part of it is that it feels like I am at school and I was always good at school. It also feels like work this past year and, let's face it, I was good at that too. So I feel pretty comfortable about all of this.

I taught my first large group lesson at summer school today: surface area and volume of spheres. I was engaging, but my classroom management and interaction techniques are lacking a little. I think I'm going to get the hang of it though. I was a little frustrated afterwards, but we all know about my perfectionism.

Another thing that adds to my happy mood: the perfect weather!!!!!! Don't believe me? Check for yourself: Phoenix weather. Warm and sunny everyday. It's glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment