Thursday, May 19, 2011

B+ Seamstress

At work today I sewed calculator caddies. (This afternoon I called it a calculator cuddy, which tells you a little bit about my tv choices.) When I say caddies, I really mean caddy. Yes, it took me almost 6 hours to sew 1 calculator caddy. I cut out all of the fabric pieces for 6 calculator caddies, one of which I did wrong and will have to figure out a new way to make that one, but I only finished one. I didn't have a pattern, and I had to rip out a lot of stitches. And go to the store for more thread.

But it looks really cool. I think the teachers are really going to like them. If you are unfamiliar with a calculator caddy, it's obviously been a while since you were in junior high. Allow yourself some education. Ours will be brown and will cost significantly less than $30 a piece. That is, unless you consider that the one I made today cost me 6 hours of work, which is (don't be shocked at how much money I live off of) about $50. But I'm sure the next ones will go much quicker. And they will hold 36 calculators. If I think about it, I will take a picture and update it here.

The B+ comes because my projects will not be perfect. And I'm okay with that. I might fix it, but I probably won't.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sarah,

    This is me posting on your blog so that you know I follow it (obsessively) and so you can have at least one more reminder that I love you.

    Love,
    Liz

    P.S. I think that some life event from the last 48 hours might be post worthy . . . just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete