People! I don't know why I do these things to myself. But on Saturday I hiked the Y with some friends. It was actually more enjoyable than the first time I did it in the middle of the night, but still I don't love hiking the Y. It's not really scenically all that beautiful, EXCEPT for the crazy awesome view of Provo that you get since you are literally climbing up the side of a mountain.
My friends and me on the way down.
So that was Saturday. On Sunday I made dinner and it was delicious. In case you are curious, it is a semi-homemade version of the Neopolitan Baked Ziti featured before on my blog back in January. Because it is the most delicious thing I know how to cook, I received many delightful compliments from our dinner party guests. And, as an aspiring foodie, I totally photographed my casserole before letting anyone eat it.
Monday, as I'm sure everyone is aware, was Pi Day. If you don't know what Pi Day is, I feel sorry for you. And you should educate yourself. We decided to have a party!!! Since I didn't have to work yesterday, not because of Pi Day but because of a snow day teacher comp something day, I became our resident pastry chef. Behold my amazingness:
Friends, your eyes do not deceive you--there are 8 pies on that table, 7 of which were made by me in our kitchen yesterday:
Key Lime
S'more
Chocolate Cookies and Cream
Apple Streusel
Mixed Berry
Pistachio Delight
Pumpkin Custard
Key Lime
S'more
Chocolate Cookies and Cream
Apple Streusel
Mixed Berry
Pistachio Delight
Pumpkin Custard
I know, I am quite domestic. I have been practicing. And we still have delicious pie left over.
No comments:
Post a Comment