Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's been too long!

I love posting to my blog, but with finals and a new term starting, full of exciting, expensive, and intense classes I haven't had much time to write anything. But as many of you know, I have failed to report about Idaho!

I LOVED IDAHO. And I am proud to say that! I really did enjoy being there--and even the drive to and from Pocatello. I think part of it had to do with all the rain that came that weekend to make everything super wonderfully green. Or it was just the excitement of doing something I'd never done before. But another part of it is that I think--and this is going to sound strange--I like open country. And farms. I'm not sure if I'm ready to live there for the rest of my life but it was certainly different from the hustle and bustle of a college town where I have spent the last couple of years of my life and even a change from the suburban area where I grew up. I really like it. It's quaint and charming.

On the drive home from Idaho, Gus and I made a list of 10 reasons why I really like Idaho. I will grab Gus and we will tell you all about them. (Gus is my ipod touch, fyi.)

10. The air smells clean.
9. Backyards are huge!
8. Frisbee golf has a proper name and is a professional sport.
7. It felt a lot like my home.
6. Everything was a lovely shade of green. I'm inspired to make a quilt just like the green mountains and fields and cute little country houses that I saw. (Just waiting for the time and money to do something like that!)
5. The mountains are present but not big enough to be foreboding.
4. Awesome rock formations--just along the highway!
3. It wasn't as hot as Utah--the weather in general seemed a little cooler and more temperate. (But maybe that was just the weekend that we chose.)
2. The lakes are BLUE!! (Utah lake=not blue.)
1. I saw two church buildings that shared a parking lot. Although this happens in Utah, it seemed cooler in Idaho because surround the town where I saw this was, well, nothing!

So, go to Idaho--check!
sleep in a tent--also check! And I survived!!
read a book--yep, in the car. check!
Bake something--if you count the no-bake truffles I made on Thursday before we even went to Idaho--then check. If not, then that didn't happen.
Sew something--nope. Still working on the other skirt. But now I have to share my sewing supplies between my kitchen table and my sewing class which makes things a little tricky.

Checklist for this weekend--have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment