Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Goals

Here are my New Year's goals in categorical order:

Physical
-eat at least 1 fruit and 1 vegetable every day.
-eat less processed food also
-exercise 3 or more days a week--including training for that 10K!
-get at least 7 hours of sleep each night

Spiritual
-read the Old Testament
-make weekly scripture study plans
-continue going to the temple weekly like on my 24 list
-Spend 2+ hours a week doing family history research or indexing
-be a great visiting teacher!

Intellectual
-read at least 1 book a month
-go to my friend's book club as often as I can
-find a career goal and go for it!
-learn a new language or do online independent study classes

Other
-plan my week on Saturday or Sunday
-remember birthdays and other important dates
-say Thank you
-finish my 24 List goals
-save $20 a month
-prepare myself for future family obligations

As the goal setter I reserve the right to modify or cancel goals after I have tried them for at least 2 months.
I'm going to put a copy of my goals in my room somewhere easily seen all the time so that I can actually get stuff done!
Did you make any good New Year's goals?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Miss Sarah,

    Wonderful list. Particularly the book club goal:) but I am slightly biased, no?

    They have some great community courses through UVU that aren't too expensive. Will and I have taken a few a have had so much fun. The link is https://www.uvu.edu/ce/classes/ and the closest ones to you would probably be the Utah Valley classes.

    Your lists sounds like mine, except I have "Survive Child Birth" and "Stop eating chocolate like vitamins."

    ReplyDelete