Saturday, October 26, 2013

The new menu board

Pinterest...

Oh...pinterest...

So many things to do, make, eat that sometimes I get overwhelmed. I think "I don't have time for this! Do these people work? Or sleep? All they do is paint their nails and take pictures of their food!!"

Anyway, sometimes I find things on pinterest and I just can't stop thinking about how I need to make something like that.

Well that's exactly what happened when I saw this I knew I had to make it. Well I don't have any extra baking sheets to cut the edges off of, so I used an 8x10 picture frame that we had leftover from the wedding decorations.

Needless to say, mine is not exactly the same. It's not supposed to be. And only had a minor mishap where I evenly spaced 6 of the clothespins and then wondered why it looked weird....yeah I forgot the 7th - darn Saturday and Sunday both starting with S. :) Anyway, I googled how to unstick hot glue. Google told me rubbing alcohol, but nail polish remover was all I had at home so I gave it a try. It worked and then I went back and re-did my craftiness. But I like the finished product a lot. Now it's just time to put the foods on the little cards so I can actually use it!

But here's the (almost) finished product so you can see how my vision of her craft turned out. :)


Maybe once I figure out what my standard go-to meals are I'll include those too.

But I think 2 posts in one day is quite enough. :)

1 comment: