You may not believe this, but I am a list maker. I (usually) make grocery lists, I have a ridiculously long to-do list, when major decisions come up I make a pro/con list, and I just generally like reading and making lists.
Flashback: 2 years ago when I was more regular about my blogging (can you believe I blogged only 10 times during 2012??) I made a bucket list of sorts around my birthday. (check out that post here) In the past 2 years I have done many things or similar things from that list, including but not limited to:
-learning to drive stick
-trying out for a solo in the community choir (close to auditioning for community theater)
-go someplace new
-run a half-marathon (in case you're curious, that's like 3 and a half 5ks...)
-climb a mountain (ok, so maybe Telegraph Pass isn't a mountain, but it's close!)
-watch a meteor shower
-do a good deed everyday
-Go to the temple as often as my schedule permits, which now that I live 3 hours from a temple is once a month
-start something! I have started (and finished) lots of things
-find a favorite restaurant--only if taco stands count... ;)
These have been great things that have helped me have a lot of fun over the past 2 years. There are some things from the list that I still need to do. There are some new things that I want to incorporate into my life. For 2012 I picked a word (love) that I made my resolution for the year and I think I am still working on it. I guess I am making (and sharing) actual resolutions for the new year, but I'm hoping that whatever list I make will be able to actually make it into my life and now just stay on the paper (or in this case, on the internet).
In no particular order:
-Learn to play guitar
-Learn to speak Spanish
-Run 2 half marathons and improve my time on the 2nd (January in Yuma and another one sometime later)
-Pay off all my debts and start living on less money than I make (maybe I'll save up for something amazing)
-Read from the scriptures for 15 minutes every day, preferably not right before my head hits the pillow (how many years will I make this resolution... :)
-Live organized: make food menus, live on a budget, clean my living spaces, etc
I think I see a pattern from all of these goals--my word for 2013 is LEARN. I plan to do a lot of learning this year and I think these specific goals will help me take control of some of my learning in different areas of my life.
I will keep you updated on what I learn this year. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment