Friday, December 17, 2010

3 posts in 3 days...

I don't know if this is exciting or excessive but what can I say? My life is mundanely dramatic!

Today was a good day. I was grading quizzes during first period and all of a sudden the principal is at the door motioning for me to come out into the hallway. Immediately I felt apprehensive that I was being punished for something. However, when I saw the 13 year old standing there with a video camera I was pretty sure that I was not being reprimanded. In reality, the principal was announcing that I was...Employee of the Month! Can you believe it?!?! Out of all the people that work at the school, I was named employee of the month! It was quite embarrassing, to say the least, but also quite delightful. It is nice to know that your work is appreciated, and I definitely felt appreciated today.

Today was also the last day of school before Christmas break. Being stationed in one of the teacher's rooms allowed me to see the sweet students bringing their math teacher a present before the holidays. They are really cute sometimes. ;) Right after school ended I was finishing up some last minute things that I would have been sure to forget over the holidays and in comes a student from Pre-Algebra with a box of candies that I used to eat in Germany. He walked over to my desk and said "here Miss Sheley, these are for you" and then he turned to leave. In a state of shock, and honestly almost ready to cry from happiness, I thanked him sincerely and wished him a Merry Christmas.

Today I was remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment