Monday, November 8, 2010

Decisions...

Life is full of decisions. We make decisions without even thinking most of the time. For example, when I think of all of the decisions I've already made today it's crazy--and it's only 6:30! I decided to sleep a few minutes longer, to wear certain clothes, to eat breakfast at the kitchen table instead of in the car, to read the Ensign while eating said breakfast, to brush my teeth before going to work, to mutter under my breath at a not-so-smart driver, to pray in German today, to be happy when I went to work, to take responsibility for a mistake I made at work on Thursday, to eat my peanut butter sandwich for lunch, to be productive, to leave on time, to call my sister back instead of text while I drove home from work, to go to a new grocery store, to have dinner with my friends, and now to update my blog. See? That's a lot of little decisions, probably not too important or out of the ordinary, but I made most of them without even thinking about them.

The reasons decisions have been on my mind the last couple of days is most likely because tomorrow I will hear back from Teach for America as to whether or not I have been accepted to the corps. As I don't really have a feeling either way I will just have to wait and see. The most interesting thing is that the admissions people for TFA have had to make decisions about me in the last couple of weeks. And whatever decision they make about me will impact my own decisions about my future.

Complicating matters is that I don't even know what I want to happen! I feel like either way I gave it my best shot. All of this makes me nervous in an anxious anticipatory way. And to think, their decision will only get the ball rolling on my choosing stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed with the decision you made to apply!! Good on you!

    Whatever you do, you will love. And I will love you too!

    ReplyDelete