Friday, September 10, 2010

Updates!

Hey everybody! I thought I would just write a couple of things down really quick while I sit at my computer for a couple of minutes. I have some things to update everyone about.

SEWING:

My headbands: I made these for my sister for her birthday and made another for a roommate. They were totally fun and easy and I'm sure anyone can make them. Here is a photo.



My $4 dress that is now a skirt: I made the dress into a skirt, which is kind of nice, but I don't really like it so much. Here is the dress in a random state of not sewed-ness before I finished it:


It's basically just fabric on my floor. Here is the "finished" skirt. I'm not convinced that I love it so the skirt may undergo a transformation--I'm thinking jammie shorts? It's a fun, sort of silky fabric--now everyone knows too much about my pajama habits. :) Anyway, here's a photo of the skirt on me--I just feel like it has no shape. But I still totally LOVE the fabric!



I suppose you'll have to read in the future to find out what happens to the skirt!

Running: I have gone running the past 2 weeks and am now up to 1.25 miles. That is not bad for someone who used to be a sedentary student and who thought running was only a method of escaping something that may be chasing you. I am on target with my goals and that feels great!

The Great Job Hunt 2010 is OVER!! How exciting! Today I had my first day of work at a junior high school in the area. Believe it or not, I am working as an assistant in the...drumroll please...MATH department! I'm still not sure that it's real but I am SO excited! I had such a great day getting to know some of the teachers and students and I really feel excited to get more of a feel for math and teaching--I will be subbing sometimes which totally blows my mind. I have no idea if I will be able to handle a class of 13 year olds! :) I think I learned something about myself today: I am much more willing to learn something if I think I'm going to have to teach it to someone. Today I got excited about geometry. (Side note: 10 years ago I was sitting in a geometry class in 9th grade.) And algebra! I can't wait for Monday when I can go back to work! Some of you may not be surprised, but I sort of am. Why did it take me so long to figure out that I should work in a school?

I feel like I am so blessed to have this opportunity because it really seems like a miracle. I am so happy! Life is so good!

Well friends, it is time for me to let you get back to living your own life. Thanks for taking a moment to read about mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment