Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Day Discovery!

Here is a shout out to all the great moms, including my own mother and all of the other "mothers" that I have been fortunate enough to have love me throughout my life.

So church was great today. We, even in our single student ward, had talks on motherhood. I think during each talk the mothers of the stripling warriors and I thought to myself...Sarah, you ought to study those women later today.

I got lucky today and had over an hour of quiet alone time in my living room at dusk(ish) today. That part is important only because I love when the sun is perfectly golden and that is during sunset. It was coming through the trees and I saw it through the window and it just seemed like an echo of God's love streaming into my apartment. Anyway...I started reading about these mothers and how they taught their children to believe and trust in God that He would deliver them. I had just gotten off of the phone with my own righteous mother who had shared her faith that everything would work out for me if I just do what I'm supposed to be doing. That was a testimony to me to listen to my mother and put my trust where it really belongs: in God, not Sarah. :)

As I continued reading the story of the stripling warriors I really got the feeling that this story is in the Book of Mormon for a reason and that is that every generation of parents prepares their children for something, whether it be a war or something else. And that is just as true for me as for anyone. I thought WOW! This is cool because it is telling me that I need to prepare to teach my children to be ready to fight a war, whether spiritual or physical, to be able to depend on the Lord for everything that they need. It was a cool Mother's Day scripture study that I thought I would also share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment