For me, this is a welcome addition to life. The cute lights in our apartment get to be called Christmas lights now instead of just "ambient lighting", I get to listen to Christmas music without being scolded, and everything just seems a little brighter. I love Thanksgiving, as it is a time to think about how grateful I am for Christmas. :) No, but I'm serious. I am very grateful for Thanksgiving and a time to think about the many gifts and blessings I have, but I love Christmas. I love the happy feeling that I get when I think about the sounds, smells, sights, tastes, and emotions that come with Christmas. This will be my first Christmas in the States since 2006 and I will sure miss the way the Germans do Christmas-because it is the best ever!-but I will also be very glad to see my family during Christmas time. Tonight Emily and I drove home from Bountiful where we had played with Robin and her family for the weekend which was such a wonderful Thanksgiving blessing! Emily needed to go to a museum on Temple Square to get extra credit for a class so we managed to get into Salt Lake City but I somehow kept driving right around Temple Square and I got SO FRUSTRATED. I'm not proud to admit it, but I was probably much more angry than the situation called for. After we finally found a place to park we set out to walk to Temple Square (I had to get out of the car.) which we found pretty easily. The museum helped lift my spirits and by the time we got out, I was feeling a lot better. It was dark when we left the museum and they had already turned on the Christmas lights on Temple Square so we walked around, took some pictures, and just enjoyed the scenery. It was beautiful! On the way home we listened to the rest of the BYU vs. Utah game. It was intense. Luckily for BYU, when I go to, watch, or listen to a BYU game they win.
Now I am trying to remember the purpose of this post. Oh yeah-from my Christmas music filled apartment to your home, wherever it may be (I write this like millions of people will be reading it...) Happy Holidays!!
No comments:
Post a Comment