Hey. It's me...
I'm just running a half marathon tomorrow. TOMORROW.
I picked up my packet today and it totally feels real now. I have my number paper and everything.
I am excited and nervous and excited. Part of me (a small part) thinks I'm going to fail miserably. The rest of me thinks that, even though I'm going to be kind of tired (what else is new?) I'm going to do just fine and I'm going to be so stinkin' happy for finishing.
I can't believe this is happening. I just thought I'd write something quick before I jump into bed. I am trying to capture the way I feel before the half-marathon.
I won't think about how far it is.
Sometimes I actually have fun while I'm running. I hope tomorrow is one of those days--when I don't just think about when I can take a break or when I'll be over. Just 2 and a half hours of fun running.
2 and a half hours. If I'm lucky. It might take me more like 3 hours. That would be really slow though--like if I walked most of it. Which I won't have to do unless there are lots of hills. I think there's only one. But it's kind of a big hill and it will be towards the end.
I guess we'll just see what happens.
Tomorrow.
Wow! Go Sarah! I had no idea you had taken up running! I hope you survived!
ReplyDelete