Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It is the season

You know that song...the one that says "tis the season to be jolly"? Well I've been thinking about that because I was SO not in the holiday spirit until about a week ago ish. I was too caught up in the fact that I don't have any money and I can't get cool Christmas gifts for anyone to remember that although we are now in a season of giving and service, I don't have to spend gobs of money getting people things that they may not even want or ever use. I'm not going to worry about it. Maybe I'll get gifts. But I hope--I HOPE--that I can have an attitude and, dare I cross the corny line, glow of the true meaning and spirit of Christmas.

This is the season of Christ, the Light and Life of the world. When the world is dark and cold, He is there to warm and cheer even the most forlorn and desperate of souls. I am happy and beyond appreciative to know that Christ lives and loves each and every individual. To borrow from another Christmas carol, truly because of Christ we can feel our worth. He taught us how to love our neighbor, that we may live lives of meaning.

My holiday wish for all of you who may read this is that you will notice and feel more intimately the spirit of Christ in your Christmas season, for it is His season and because of Him we can have joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment