You know me--I obsess about things. It's true. One of my recent obsessions is a song called "Blue Horizon". It seems to be the perfect comment to my last post. If you'd like to hear it, here is a link
I think if you listen to this song you will understand why it's kind of perfect for life at the end of a semester. I'm leaving things behind, starting new things, and yes it is okay that I am alone. (I'm alone. Nothing has changed there, except I'm sure I'm not flirting 15 minutes every week. Maybe that's why nothing's changed...) I'm trying not to be scared of what to do and also not to be jealous of people who are doing things that I want to be doing (like having fun adventures, getting married, working at real jobs that they love--not that I don't love my job, but it's not a grown-up person job because they will fire me when I graduate--or even just knowing what they like to do). I don't really even know what I want to do. Someone very wise asked me today what sort of job I'm hoping to get--like ever. And instead of saying words, I said nothing. I have no idea...But I don't really want to think about this, given that there are more pressing matters at hand currently--you know, like school.
But this really is one of my new favorites songs. I hope that I can actually let my life move on, rather than trying to dig my heels in and resist change. I'm going to take one step at a time, while still keeping my eyes on the horizon.
No comments:
Post a Comment