Every year around my birthday I like to think about things in my life.
This year I had a bit of a "mid-life crisis". I had NO IDEA what to do for year 26.
NO IDEA.
I decided to look back to this post 2 years ago for my 24th birthday. There's some good stuff here that I want to do this year.
Like:
-Learn to play the guitar
-Try out for community theater
But lots of the other things I've already done...
-Ran a half-marathon
-Learned to drive stick
-Climbed a mountain
-Watched another meteor shower
-Went to lots of places where I'd never been
At a YSA fireside last week, our lesson was about setting and achieving goals. I am feeling strangely powerful and brave about my life currently. I don't want to be scared of the future, and I want to just go out and DO STUFF!!
So I am going to learn to play the guitar this year. I am going to be in the Yuma Community Theater production of "My Fair Lady". I am going to run another half-marathon. I'm going to go on a wonderful vacation--maybe even by myself (!). I'm going to do simple things to, like read awesome books, do crossword puzzles, and make crafty things I find on pinterest. :)
And I'm going to continue my goal to love people more. That was my goal for 2012 and I think it should just be a life goal.
So I think I'm ready for my birthday. It's probably going to be great.
No, it IS going to be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment